Meditemp are currently working with a fantastic Children's Residential organisation based in the Essex area . They are looking to source caring, empathetic an nurturing senior support worker with a minimum of 18 months experience, applicants with no children's experience but previous Adult experience, to those whom hold a Level 3 in Children's and Young Peoples Services are considered.
They are 5 bedroom facility located in a fantastic area working with children that present with challenging behaviour.
• Make yourself aware of the safeguarding policy and all other safeguarding policies and procedures during induction, training and personal development. Stay up to date with changes in procedures.
• You are required to make yourself aware of all plans that are in place to reduce the risk of harm to any child in the care of the home, and to follow these plans.
• Know who the safeguarding leads are and how to report concerns.
• Comply with all training in identifying signs of harm and abuse. Respond immediately to any young person to keep them safe.
• Make yourself aware of what to do if a young person makes a disclosure.
• Discuss any actual or emerging safeguarding concerns in supervision.
• Access company support if feeling distressed from being involved with a case or incident.
• You will be required to attend Strategy Meetings and Child Protection Case Conferences if appropriate.
• Keep accurate, objective records of any concerns or incidents as per company safeguarding reporting procedures.
• Complete body maps if required and ensure relevant people are notified so a conclusion is reached.
• Ensure that all children and young people have their needs met, and their welfare is always promoted.
• Maintain standards of good practice always, establishing purposeful and constructive relationships and appropriate role modelling to assist with the development of each child’s life, activities, education, social skills and personal skills.
• Maintain and produce required records and reports as necessary to ensure smooth, efficient running of the home.
• Promote and encourage learning by the children and young people with any educational programmes, provisions and educational activities.
• Participate on a shift basis by rota, demonstrating a level of commitment and flexibility, to enable the efficient running of the home.
• Act as a key worker/link-worker for individual children, with supervision, including building trust, advising and acting as an advocate when necessary.
• Participate and assist with social workers or other professional persons. Where applicable to attend to and contribute to any child’s review, case conference and planning meetings as appropriate.
• Ensure all visitors to the home are appropriately vetted and securely signed into the home.
• Follow safer working practices.
• Deal with telephone enquiries, referring to the shift leader or management if necessary.
• Take appropriate action in line with line management instructions to ensure that children’s care plans are implemented and reviewed so that the child’s stay is managed, their health, social and emotional development is monitored, and appropriate opportunities are made available to them.
• Report missing children to all relevant individuals and agency’s including police, responsible local authority and those with parental responsibility, including completing reporting missing from care reports.
• Physically intervene if a child’s behaviour is dangerous to others or to themselves, in accordance with procedural guidance of the establishment and relevant legislation.
• Follow and adhere to child protection policies and procedures, children’s standards and legislation.
• Contribute to good practice standards within the company by identifying and highlighting service shortfalls and planning methods of development to improve services though company policies and procedures.
Experience of direct work or involvement with children as a paid worker, volunteer, carer or as part of a family
Experience in the role of a support worker and/or key worker. Experience in care and control of children and young people with challenging behaviour.
Understanding of child development and children’s physical and emotional needs. Good interpersonal skills. Understanding of Safeguarding.
Knowledge of legislation relating to children and young people (specifically children in care)
Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, able to present information in an understandable way. Able to record information. Able to manage time effectively planning own workload. Good observation skills. Able to work as part of a team. Able to work with children with challenging behaviour.
Report writing and recording skills, able to present information in an understandable way. Negotiation and de-escalation skills Risk management and planning.
Desired Personal Qualities
Commitment to work to guidelines and policies. Able to work within policy and procedures and use own judgement appropriately. Able to communicate with other agencies and professionals e.g. education, health, police etc.. Commitment to keep children safe and protect them from harm. Able to manage stress in self and others.
Able to demonstrate an understanding of children and young people’s needs and their development.
Level 3 Health and Social Care Children or related professional qualifications and formal qualifications in respect to social care and residential work with children and/or other. Commitment to further relevant training and personal development is desirable.
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.
Meditemp are offering placements for candidates who are new to the care sector! The client is offering full training and hands on experience. The client is a specialist educational facility and maintained by the London...
Meditemp is seeking a Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse with experience in adult and older adult mental health. As the discharge facilitator for the hospital your role will involve being the main point of contact for discharge planning....
A position has become available for an experienced and conscientious community psychiatric nurse in Harlow, Essex. The successful community psychiatric nurse will be able to confidently hold a complex case load and have access to a car to complete...
A new opportunity has become available for a Band 6 community mental health nurse, working with adults in Canvey Island, Essex. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with various professionals and mental...
Meditemp is seeking a Band 6 community mental health nurse for an exciting new role that has become available in Pitsea, Essex. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with various professionals and mental...