Do you have experience working in children’s home as senior Residential Support worker and are passionate about children?
If so, Meditemp have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join the team in a new children's home! You will be working as part of a team to support, maintain, care and nurture, placing the physical health and wellbeing safety of the children and young people at the very centre of what you do.
This home will provide vital services for some of the most vulnerable children and young people in the country, therefore it is critical to seek a caring, reliable, consistent and resilient residential Deputy Manager for the children and young people. This is a specialist home for young people aged 8-17 yrs who have E.B.D, where you will meet the needs of Looked After Children aged 8+ who have experienced trauma and display varying levels of emotional dysregulation and/or self-harming behaviour.
There is a great team in place already and are now looking for a caring, committed and enthusiastic individual who will share the same passion for children and young people as they do.
As a Deputy Manager, you will support and work alongside the Registered Manager in ensuring the residential support workers are inspired and actively taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality care with a passion for nurturing children and young people with the emphasis being on promoting their physical, emotional and intellectual wellbeing, in addition to helping them with their social development. You will also be required to provide advice and advocate for our children and young people.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• To ensure the children and young people are at the centre of all decision making and their voices are heard.
• To ensure all staff work inline with the statement of Purpose and promote positive culture within the home.
• To ensure you and the team work in partnership with colleagues from other agencies to protect and safeguard the children and young people in the placement.
• To ensure all care plan, placement plan and all other relevant document are review as and when changes are identified.
• Support to ensure the service is able to identify and manager need and risk safely whilst supporting children ad young people in the placement.
• To ensure quality of shift hand-over meetings, record and other duties are in line with best practice standards and reflect the Quality standards for Children’s home and Children’s home Regulations.
• Assisting with the budget, and financial management of the service in accordance with Serene’s home policy and procedure, ensuring accurate recording.
• To effectively manage and provide support to the team and the children and young people in the home in absence of the Registered Manager
• Ensuring you are up to date and familiar with current legislative changes and policies and procedures.
• Role modelling best practice ensuring you practice with passion, integrity and that professional decision promote and are respectful of people’s culture, ethnic origin, faith, gender, sexual orientation and disability , so that rights and responsibilities are respected. You be responsible for ensuring that the residential support workers practice to these standards and are supported to do so. Where practice is not at the required standard you will take action in accordance with your role as a deputy manager.
• Working on a flexible basis to ensure necessary cover for the Home, which includes day shifts, night shifts, weekend shifts and bank holiday shifts. You also be willing to work on a shift based on Rots system.
• Willing to take other duties as may be deemed appropriate from time to time
• As allocated by the Registered manager ensure that home is meeting with required legislation by ensuring that Fire Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations are met, Quality Assurance and Regulation 44 Reports feedback actions are completed promptly.
• Ensure all regulation 40 incidents and physical intervention are notified within 24hours.
• To ensure you and all the residential staff adhere to the Safeguarding policies and have read and familiar with all necessary polices and procedure to protect and safeguard the children in the home .
• Ensure you work within the relevant regulations and legislation this includes Ofsted SCCIF under which each home is measured and judged against and promptly implement any recommendations from feedback for the children and young people in placement. Qualifications and skills Criteria- Essential and Desirable
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with children and young people, preferable in a children’s residential home, or equivalent settings.
• Experience in line management as a senior Residential support worker - Desirable
• QCF Level 3 in Residential childcare or equivalent – Essential
• QCF Level 5 in Residential childcare or equivalent – Preferred
• A passion for working with children - Essential.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of computer /word/outlook-based system- Essential
• An enhanced D.B.S check will be completed -Essential.
• Full UK driving licence – Desirable.
• Applicants will need to be flexible to work as per the need of the home - Essential.
• Good Communication skills -Essential
• Good level of education-Essential
• Resilience and Patience- Essential
• Going the extra mile -Essential
• Support workers that have work in semi-independence settings will be considered- Essential.
• Free parking • Pension scheme • Wellbeing service • Funded QCF Level 3 Residential childcare • Trainings and supervision • Paid Annual leave. • On call support • Advance to Rota in advance
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.
A well reputed National Quality Approved, Multi-Specialist behavioural healthcare organisation catering for adults and children, offering services such as substance misuse support, mental health crisis, depression and ADHD based in Houston...
Meditemps Vision is to work closely with healthcare professionals to offer career enhancing opportunities whilst ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care. We hope to work with you to deliver that vision! We are excited to...
We are currently looking to recruit a Responsible Individual in South East London to support the transition over to Ofsted regulated! The home will support Young people aged 11 – 17yrs with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. This role is...
We are looking for a responsible individual to join a new fostering agency! The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency, ensuring that it complies with all relevant regulations and standards. You will...
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Registered Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of two, 3 bed EBD children's residential homes in Ilford. The homes are currently in different stages of development, with one home ready...