We are working with a fantastic Children's residential home based in Stratford, who are looking for a service manager who can work in Stratford, but be able to go to their home in Birmingham when needed.
As the Service Manager, you will contribute to every aspect of the smooth running of the service providing support to Young People with behavioral difficulties, promoting their independence and ensuring they reach their full potential.
- To provide effective leadership and management of the home's residential services for children and young people.
- To oversee the management of placements within the Residential provisions and any other services associated with the company such as semi-independence and Family assessment centres.
- To ensure all services achieve regulatory results which reflect the excellent quality of the provision. . Ensure all homes are led and managed in line with Ofsted, Quality Care Standards and all relevant policies and procedures
- The residential operations manager will take the lead in the preparation and coordination of tender submissions in response to Local Authority commissioning and will liaise with and meet Local Authority Commissioners in forums which they convene for this and other purposes, to develop and enhance constructive working relationships.
- To support the directors with strategic direction, business growth, and excellent leadership, which reflects the organisation's aspirational plans.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with Local Authorities and other key agencies to achieve the best outcomes for young people, promote the business interests of the business and maximise opportunities to provide additional services to placing authorities
- To keep the Group Operations Director appraised of the progress, challenges and successes of the residential services through a reporting mechanism that will require a formal Board report and on occasions attendance at Board meetings on a monthly basis.
- The post holder will line manage each of the Registered Managers who are responsible for the day to day operation of these homes and will coordinate the activities of all of the children’s homes by providing formal supervision, and by chairing Registered Managers Meetings on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the highest standards of care are achieved according to OFSTED and company objectives through overseeing robust quality assurance practices across all homes.
- To be the Responsible Individual.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish provision for care, accommodation and support through working with existing partners and building links with other partners and agencies as appropriate.
- Ensure the effective management of resource allocation within the context of placement matching, and placement stability, and support corporate parenting.
- Oversee the efficient and cost-effective use of physical resources, e.g. vehicles, resources to support activities.
- Ensure the portfolio of properties used by the group are fit for purpose, safe, and conforming to regulations.
- To ensure systems are being implemented to monitor care plans and placement plans, activities and community involvement, and provide oversight of individual care planning for all young people supported by the company.
- Conduct home inspections and spot checks (guidelines detailed in Ofsted standards) and provide feedback to Registered Managers based on performance and outcomes
- Be responsible for reporting on group-wide performance, specifically relating to how each service is delivering against its Statement of Purpose and function.
- To ensure all homes are run in accordance with statute and the company’s policies, guidelines and instructions.
- Ensuring through the monitoring of Regulation 44 and Regulation 45 visits, and reviews. That timely targeted plans are in place to address issues and celebrate success.
- Ensure consistency of Regulation 44 inspections via continuous monitoring of standards
- Ensure the children's Homes are fully prepared and ready for regular Ofsted inspections. Providing regular reports to the Directors about strengths and weaknesses of each service.
- Working with the Home Manager to ensure the highest standards of care are achieved according to OFSTED and company objectives
- Responsible for budget management and overall performance of the Homes
- To provide regular formal and informal supervision and management of managers, encouraging professional development, completing and identifying training and staff development needs to ensure objectives are met.
- To ensure staff members are receiving regular supervision and appraisals.
- Support the process of establishing and maintaining a stable, competent and motivated staff team in all of our homes. This will include completing management investigations and disciplinary hearings as and when required
- To provide yearly appraisals of the managers.
- To provide effective leadership, management support and guidance to all the management team in the group.
- Work closely with the Managers and the directors to maintain high levels of occupancy within the homes whilst also maintaining high-quality standards
- Manage and prioritize resources in the Children’s Homes, including approval of rotas and hours used; authorization of overtime, provision of relief and agency cover and other establishment costs.
- Ensure young people in the Children’s Homes are effectively safeguarded.
- Promote a high standard of professional practice through personal example; encouraging appropriate professional training & development by managing a comprehensive programme of Performance Management and formulating specific Learning and Development Plans for each Registered Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships that add value to our services and promote the organization
- Ensure through the development of internal QA processes that administration systems are current and appropriate, that recorded information is accurate, and that timely data is provided by Registered Managers.
- Promote and maintain a healthy and safe environment for all residential staff.
- Appoint/assist in appointing staff, ensuring the proper application of the recruitment and selection procedures and manage and oversee the Induction, Discipline, Capability and Grievance procedures.
- To investigate any required complaints and ensure they are responded to
- Lead on projects and initiatives associated with the functions of both their own area of service delivery and others as required.
- To provide Management cover as and when required and complete all other duties reasonably agreed
- To ensure that each establishment is maintained to a high standard in line with Health and Safety requirements so that staff and young people can live and work in a safe and comfortable environment.
- To participate in meetings and training events as required by line managers and Directors.
- To deliver against specified areas of responsibilities highlighted in the organisational development plan.
- To support the growth of the company as stipulated in the company’s Strategic Development plan.
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.