Meditemp are currently recruiting for our HMP client in multiple locations. The successful Mental Health Practitioner will be able to provide specialist mental healthcare to offenders and to work as part of the Mental Health In-Reach Team and wider mental health services. You will be required to deliver a range of specialist interventions at primary and secondary care level including: Referral management, screening assessment, triage, and evidence-based interventions, Care Planning and risk assessing, One-to-one and group-work facilitation, managing a mixed and challenging caseload.
We are recruiting for multiple sites across Rochester, Maidstone and Isle of Sheppey. The successful candidate will be working Monday - Sunday, long days and night shifts.
Key Tasks and responsibilities
- To contribute to alternatives to inpatient admission and assisting with early discharge, through the implementation of high intensity specialist interventions and complex case management arrangements resulting in continuity of care for an offender on ordinary location, reduced length of stay (both in relation to prison inpatient services and external NHS or independent in-patient services).
- To perform robust assessment, screening, and interventions to offenders with a learning disability
- Ensure that all waiting time, assessment and interventions are delivered in a timely manner, and positively contribute to the achievement of the service’s performance targets.
- Ensure integrated and collaborative working with other specialist services, including continuity of care and through the gate arrangements and liaison
- Work closely with community mental health teams (CMHTs) to ensure appropriate sharing of information, continuity of care and the Care Programme Approach (CPA) for all offenders as necessary.
- To provide comprehensive and timely reports and mental health expertise to multi agency public protection panels (MAPPA), police, probation services, solicitors and court liaison teams as directed.
- Provide supervision to junior staff and to receive supervision as directed (line management and clinical).
- To participate in resource centre services as directed, delivering psychological therapy and specialist activities under the direction of the clinical lead.
- To work in a psychologically minded way with offenders in achieving their agreed goals and quality health outcomes.
- Close working relationships with all prison staff, to include participation in sentence planning, resettlement, safer custody, and ACCT processes.
- To develop and take on a specialist lead role as appropriate and provide peer support and training in this area.
- To contribute towards support, advice, consultation, and training for other prison departments.
- The post holder will be part of skilled multidisciplinary teams comprising all healthcare staff, including strategic partners, and prison managing a single referral pathway.
- The post holder will be required to undertake training to maximise uptake of screening, health promotion and prevention activity, including vaccinations.
- The post holder will ensure a named care co-ordinator is allocated for every patient with complex needs who will ensure a proactive, evidence-based approach to clinical interventions, health promotion/prevention activity, and management of acute and long-term conditions using our stepped care approach.
- The post holder will ensure that a single, integrated, care plans developed, and the individualised care is regularly reviewed.
- The post holder will ensure that a comprehensive risk assessments and care plans are regularly reviewed in a needs-led review cycle.
- The post holder will ensure a care coordination criteria and MDT meetings for patients with complex needs will be tailored to the needs of the establishment.
- The post holder will ensure that they undertake all training in evidence-based CBT approaches, to enhance consistency and quality of care delivery
- The post holder will support patients to manage their health at every stage, from oral health to long term conditions.
- The post holder will ensure that health promotion embedded into every aspect of the service.
- Appropriate working experience post qualification as a psychiatric nurse
- Experience in prison or secure settings
- Post qualification experience in working with one of the above specialisms
Why choose Meditemp:
- Mandatory and PMVA training available
- Full prison vetting available
- Round the clock booking service
- National temporary and long-term vacancies
- Free uniform
- Referral scheme of up to £250
- Weekly payroll
Established since 2015 Meditemp have been specialising in mental health staffing nationwide within both the NHS and private sector.
For more information or to apply please contact Meditemp on 01233 632148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.