Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Deputy / Manager the duties of a team leader are to prioritise the primary and developmental needs of children and young people.
The work of a Team Leader can, at times, be challenging and will include, but is not limited to duties such as:
- To attend all training as required and contribute in a positive manner
- Oversee the physical resources of the home in-line with legal, Inspection & registration guidelines / requirements whilst leading the staff team on shift
- All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Team Leaders are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other perceived difference.
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s care plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- As part of the team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Deputy / Home Manage set in place procedures within current government regulations and company policies/procedures, which ensure that all unit staff have a good knowledge and understanding of legal and registration requirements and are working to ensure that all National Care Standards are met to an exceptional level.
- Monitor & review effective procedures to manage all Health & Safety requirements of the home in-line with legal requirements. Take responsibility for ensuring all correct procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination and the correct recording of all financial expenditure while leading the staff team on a shift.
- Take responsibility for the management of the shift in the absence of the Deputy / Manager, deputise in the absence of the Deputy / Manager as and when required.
- As part of the team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Deputy / Manager. Monitor and evaluate clear Child protection procedures within the home, in-line with the Protection of Children Act and Company policies. Take responsibility for ensuring all correct procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Deputy / Manager Instruct & guide staff, through clearly laid out procedures to exercise responsible control over the children and young people in order to ensure their health & safety and to facilitate the children’s sense of responsibility and morals.
- Liaise with social workers, schools, therapists and other professionals as required, in order to represent the child’s needs or wishes if they are unable to do so themselves or to advise and facilitate them in raising wishes or complaints with the appropriate people, either personally or through delegated members of your staff team.
- Attend court and give evidence when appropriate, and if needed support and direct staff in preparing a child for interviews or court appearances, as directed by the Home Deputy / Manager.
- Facilitate meetings on behalf of the Home Deputy / Manager as needed & required.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Deputy / Manager Complete or direct the compilation of any necessary reports for court, reviews or planning meetings etc., in liaison with your staff team and organise/ direct/facilitate the carrying out of those plans within the care environment.
- As part of the team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Deputy / Manager Monitor and evaluate high standards in meeting Human Resources requirements.
- Part of the role will be to assist the Home Deputy / Manager in compiling a Company Training and Development Plan, and individual staff development plans/goals which are reviewed and up dated on a regular basis in-line with changing needs. Feedback to the Home Manager any changing needs and developments.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all correct emergency procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift
- Take an active part in the Management team, contributing to Management planning meetings and feeding back relevant developments and occurrences to the Home Deputy / Manager in order to aid the smooth running of the home.
- To support the Home Deputy / Manager in carrying through plans and decisions made by the directors and Management team.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
A Team Leader will need Knowledge of:
- Up-to date knowledge of Childcare & Child Protection Laws
- Child related/Social care qualification.
- Training in supportive skills (i.e. counselling)
- Knowledge of Management theories
A Team Leader will need Experience of:
- Awareness of group dynamics in residential settings
- Experience of translating policy into practice
- Experience of working with abused children in a residential setting
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.