We are currently looking to recruit a Responsible Individual for a new Ofsted Children’s Home opening in Watford! The home is set to be a 3 bed children’s home specialising in Emotional Behavioural Difficulties for Young people aged 11 – 17yrs.
This role is 3 days a week and will offer full autonomy and Hybrid working. This will be the 1st home the provider is opening with a business plan in place to open another in 2 years.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that all legal responsibilities associated with the opening, registration and operation of the Homes are effectively discharged.
· Supervise, support, and hold to account the RM of the home.
· Ensure the children placed in the homes are receiving a standard of care that is compliant with the homes Statement of Purpose and Function and Children’s Guide
· Visit the homes on a regular basis to establish a meaningful relationship and extensive knowledge of each child placed, their Care Plans and EHC plans
· Ensure the homes are compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations and remain up to date with any changes.
· Ensure the external monitoring of practice within the homes through your own supervision of the RM’s, scrutiny of the Regulation 44 and 45 reports and any other reports relating to the home, including Ofsted inspections and compliance visits with local authorities.
· Ensure each home has a continuous improvement and development plan which is implemented, monitored, and evaluated.
· Attend children’s and staff meetings periodically.
· Maintain your own CPD and attend and evaluate the delivery of training to staff for effectiveness.
· Ensure and evidence that all staff are sufficiently and appropriately trained, can evidence the relevant skills and experiences to undertake the roles. Ensure they all undertake CPD and keep abreast of new legislation and practice.
· Develop and establish provision for care, accommodation, and support through working with existing partners and building links with other partners and agencies as appropriate.
· Ensure that there is effective management and resources allocation within the context of placement matching and stability.
· Ensure homes are fully prepared and ready for regular Ofsted inspections.
· Ensure that electronic and paper administration systems are current and appropriate, that recorded information is accurate and that timely data is provided by RM’s.
· Assist in the appointment of staff and oversee Induction, Discipline, Capability and Grievance procedures
· Promotes the need for change and acts as a role model for change.
· Positive, committed, adaptable, thorough and confident approach.
· Ability to work to deadlines and to motivate others to work effectively and demonstrate a duty of care.
· Committed to diversity in service delivery and employment.
· Innovative and creative approach to service development and value.
· Desirable Customer- and Communities- focussed.
· Personal integrity.
· Drive and self-motivation – “can do” attitude.
· Sound analysis and decision-making in dealing with complex service delivery and/or policy development matters.
· Educated to Degree Level (with Professional Qualification for Team Management posts engaged in professional supervision and adjudication)
· Evidence of work-related continuing management development
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.
A well reputed National Quality Approved, Multi-Specialist behavioural healthcare organisation catering for adults and children, offering services such as substance misuse support, mental health crisis, depression and ADHD based in Houston...
Meditemps Vision is to work closely with healthcare professionals to offer career enhancing opportunities whilst ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care. We hope to work with you to deliver that vision! We are excited to...
We are currently looking to recruit a Responsible Individual in South East London to support the transition over to Ofsted regulated! The home will support Young people aged 11 – 17yrs with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. This role is...
We are looking for a responsible individual to join a new fostering agency! The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency, ensuring that it complies with all relevant regulations and standards. You will...
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Registered Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of two, 3 bed EBD children's residential homes in Ilford. The homes are currently in different stages of development, with one home ready...