Duties and Responsibilities:
Creating a safe environment in which the children and young people feel emotionally & physically secure, and thus facilitates the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
The work of a Deputy Home Manager will, at times, be challenging and will include, but is not limited to duties such as:
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manage set in place procedures and processes within current government regulations and company policies/procedures, which ensure that all unit staff have a good knowledge and understanding of legal and registration requirements and are working to ensure that all National Care Standards are met to an exceptional level.
- Manage the physical resources of the home in line with legal, Inspection & registration guidelines / requirements and company policies, while leading the staff team on shift.
- Monitor & review effective procedures to manage all Health & Safety requirements of the home in line with legal requirements. Take responsibility for ensuring all correct procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination and the correct recording of all financial expenditure while leading the staff team on a shift.
- Take responsibility for the management of the shift in the absence of the manager, deputise in the absence of the manager as and when required.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager Instruct & guide staff, through clearly laid out procedures to exercise responsible control over the children and young people in order to ensure their health & safety and to facilitate the children’s sense of responsibility and morals.
- Attend court and give evidence when appropriate, and if needed support and direct staff in preparing a child for interviews or court appearances, as directed by the Home Manager.
- Chair/facilitate meetings on behalf of the Home Manager as needed & required.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager Complete or direct the compilation of any necessary reports for court, reviews or planning meetings etc., in liaison with your staff team and organise/ direct/facilitate the carrying out of those plans within the care environment.
- As part of the management team, under the guidance and facilitation of the Home Manager Facilitate good practice in team management and team building, incorporating appropriate meeting and training sessions in the weekly roster.
- As part of the management team, assist the Home Manager in compiling a Company Training and Development Plan, and individual staff development plans/goals which are reviewed and up dated on a regular basis in line with changing needs. Feedback to the Home Manager any changing needs and developments.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all correct emergency procedures are followed while leading the staff team on shift
- When leading the staff team on a shift take responsibility for ensuring that all correct procedures are carried out in caring for children and young people when they are ill, including the administration of medicines treatment etc. under the guidance of the child’s doctor, and within the company’s policy and legal requirements.
- To support the Home Manager in carrying through plans and decisions made by the directors and Management team.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring appropriate delegation of tasks other support staff.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
The Deputy Home Manager should have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Management theories
- Management Qualifications
- Management training & experience
- Training in supportive skills (i.e. counselling)
- Up to date knowledge of Childcare & Child Protection Laws
The Deputy Home Manager should have experience of:
- Experience in operational & strategic management skills of children, staff & service Resources
- Experience of working with abused children in a residential setting
- Experience of facilitating, organising and directing & developing teams
- Experience of using childcare Standards & best practise model to guide decision making
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.