Do you have experience working in Children’s Residential?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for experienced Support Workers to join a children’s home based in Maylandsea, Essex! This 4 bed children’s home that looks after children who suffer with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties, are looking for dedicated and passionate Support Workers to join the team!
The main responsibilities associated with this position are as follows:
· Ensure that all children and young people have their needs met, and their welfare is always promoted.
· Maintain standards of good practice always, establishing purposeful and constructive relationships and appropriate role modelling to assist with the development of each child’s life, activities, education, social skills and personal skills.
· Maintain and produce required records and reports as necessary to ensure smooth, efficient running of the home.
· Promote and encourage learning by the children and young people with any educational programmes, provisions and educational activities.
· Participate on a shift basis by rota, demonstrating a level of commitment and flexibility, to enable the efficient running of the home. This includes weekdays, evenings, weekends and sleep in duties.
· Act as a key worker/link-worker for individual children, with supervision, including building trust, advising and acting as an advocate when necessary.
· Participate and assist with social workers or other professional persons. Where applicable to attend to and contribute to any child’s review, case conference and planning meetings as appropriate.
· Ensure all visitors to the home are appropriately vetted and securely signed into the home.
· Follow safer working practices.
· Understanding of current Children’s Homes Regulations, Quality Standards 2015, Ofsted inspection framework and statutory LAC guidance including the Care Planning, Placement and Case Review Regulations 2010.
· Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to the care, education, health and development of children and young people including statutory LAC guidance, PEPs and missing protocols.
· Up to date knowledge of childcare and child development including attachment, trauma and separation.
· Good understanding of health and safety policies and procedures including fire safety, COSHH, food hygiene, risk assessment.
· First aid qualified.
· Ability to engage with children and young people with emotional, behavioural and psychological difficulties as a result of childhood experiences, poor mental health, domestic abuse, substance misuse, sexual abuse and learning disability.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritise own workload.
· Ability to use ICT for record keeping and communication.
· Willingness to undertake level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
· Full Driving License and access to a car, must be willing to drive both local and long distances.
· Ongoing satisfactory DBS record.
· Sound experience of working with children and young people.
· Experience of working with adolescent children in a care setting. (preferred)
· Understanding of Therapeutic Parenting, the PACE approach and/or other models of working with traumatised children.
· Driving Licence Required
· Current DBS Required
· Experience working with Children in a residential setting Required
· Hold or working towards NVQ Level 3 Children’s Services
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.
A well reputed National Quality Approved, Multi-Specialist behavioural healthcare organisation catering for adults and children, offering services such as substance misuse support, mental health crisis, depression and ADHD based in Houston...
Meditemps Vision is to work closely with healthcare professionals to offer career enhancing opportunities whilst ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care. We hope to work with you to deliver that vision! We are excited to...
We are currently looking to recruit a Responsible Individual in South East London to support the transition over to Ofsted regulated! The home will support Young people aged 11 – 17yrs with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties. This role is...
We are looking for a responsible individual to join a new fostering agency! The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the agency, ensuring that it complies with all relevant regulations and standards. You will...
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Registered Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of two, 3 bed EBD children's residential homes in Ilford. The homes are currently in different stages of development, with one home ready...