Our client is an established care home company based in Stratford who prides itself on providing a warm and caring environment for all its service users. We have been delivering Semi-Independent Living Support Services to Looked After Children and Young People since 1995.
We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, disciplined and fast paced Maintenance Manager to take responsibility for a wide range of property maintenance areas.
You will build a positive relationship with our home managers, and report directly to the company directors. You will have a proven track record in a similar role, an extensive knowledge of managing and maintaining properties to a high standard and dealing with reported issues in an efficient manner.
• To manage all of the maintenance issues across all our clients properties (Units & Stand Alone Flats) in a timely manner and to deal with maintenance issues that arise out of hours in the evenings and weekends.
• Planning daily work schedule with handyman, highlighting priorities for each day, assuming no emergencies arise.
• Ensuring that any room vacated is ready the same day for a new tenant.
• Ensuring that every unit and shared accommodation (where more than 1 young person is residing in the building) has an up to date Fire Risk Assessment and all the works recommended in the Fire Risk Assessment have been carried out and signed off by our clients Staff.
• Carrying out monthly visits to all our clients’ properties (units and Stand-alone flats) to make sure that they are all in a clean, presentable and attractive condition. This applies even where our client only have 1 flat in a larger building. Additionally ensuring that the front and back gardens/outside areas of our client's Properties are well maintained and there is no broken furniture, rubbish or weeds anywhere on the premises.
• To get a (verbal) report from every Handyman on a daily basis on any deliberate damages they have come across in any of our client's properties and then to follow the following procedure on a weekly basis:
1) Find out details of the damages or theft from the relevant Unit manager or Staff,
2) Request photos by email from the Handyman of the damages,
3) Email the young person's Social Worker, Manager and in cases of major damages also to the Placement Team, details of the damage and photos
4) Create invoices of all the damage caused over the week (separate invoice for each Young Person) and send it to the relevant Local Authority finance department with the email and photos of damage (point 3 above) that was sent to the Social worker, Personal advisor & Manager. Invoice for the materials and handyman for the labour used to repair the damage caused.
• To monitor expenses and identify where costs can be reduced including CCTV, cleaning or carpet cleaning, electricians, pest control, plumbers etc. - sourcing new companies offering the same service at a cheaper price.
• To monitor expenses of items purchased by our client and identify where costs can be reduced including beds, furniture, kitchenware, TV etc.
• To order the furniture and where other items following authorisations by finance department
• To look out for new properties when needed.
• Ensuring that all Netpex properties have required safety certificates (Gas, Electric, EPC, HMO, PAT Test, Insurance etc.) on all of our clients' properties.
Meditemp is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client in relation to this vacancy.
Meditemp are offering placements for candidates who are new to the care sector! The client is offering full training and hands on experience. The client is a specialist educational facility and maintained by the London...
Meditemp is seeking a Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse with experience in adult and older adult mental health. As the discharge facilitator for the hospital your role will involve being the main point of contact for discharge planning....
A position has become available for an experienced and conscientious community psychiatric nurse in Harlow, Essex. The successful community psychiatric nurse will be able to confidently hold a complex case load and have access to a car to complete...
A new opportunity has become available for a Band 6 community mental health nurse, working with adults in Canvey Island, Essex. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with various professionals and mental...
Meditemp is seeking a Band 6 community mental health nurse for an exciting new role that has become available in Pitsea, Essex. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with various professionals and mental...